It was one of those late night decisions to get out of the house for dinner on a lazy Thursday night, and it was really at night that we did get out (not evening); around 11pm. As we were close to Sahara Centre in Al Nahda, we decided to try this place out after hearing rave reviews about them.
It’s located on the top floor in the new extension of the mall and it’s quite a walk if you have parked elsewhere. As expected, at this hour, the restaurant was pretty much empty except for one or two occupied tables. The interiors and ambience are nothing special, with coffee coloured furniture and orange-ish themed wallpapers, it exuded the feeling of a regular pizzeria.
I came to know that Russo’s has the largest pizza in town, but since we were a small party of people, we did not risk over indulgence. As soon as we were all seated, the staff bought in a bread basket with three kinds of sauces on the side. The bread was perfect, crisp with the right amount of garlic flavour on top and when dipped in the sauce it made it even more delightful to munch on.
Since we were already pretty late, had to place our orders really quick before the kitchen closes at 11.30pm. And hence, here’s a look at what we ordered:
- New York Village Pizza – This is a beef and pepperoni pizza and is one of their most popular pizzas. But it does not stand up to its name as the beef was a little bland for me and the pizza as a whole was not appealing.
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza – This was a really good choice of pizza and it suits well with those who have a flare for the spicy stuff. It was really yummy with the right amount of spiciness to it.
- Fettucine Alfredo Pasta – This was not much of a success as the sauce was a little too watery and not as rich as you would expect the alfredo sauce to be. It didn’t do anything to enhance my taste buds and being a pasta lover, I was thoroughly disappointed.
- Lasagne – The lasagne was the highlight of the evening with its delicious and creamy beef and béchamel sauce. It was mouth-wateringly delicious and was served sizzling hot straight from the oven.
- Colossal Chocolate Cake – We had been looking forward to this dessert after seeing its pictures posted everywhere by everyone. But the cake was cold, dry, hard and lacked any special zest to it. The ‘oomph’ factor was missing!! Don’t go for this by its looks.
Overall an average experience, but do wanna try the largest pizza in town, so may be will come back with hubsy for that as he is the biggest pizza fan ever.
“Happy nibbling you all! ”